Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Take this Job and... Reassign it!

It's time to think about my job. I don't care for it at the moment and it's time to look for a new one. It was something I was assigned because one department was shorthanded and it's not a good fit for my skills, interests or lifestyle.

I feel I'm in a pretty good position financially. I have about three months of my current salary sitting in liquid assets. I can afford to leave if I wanted-- or had to. I live below my means so I have considerable flexibility in what I can live off-- if needed.

I'd obviously like to make more and given my salary is not even 40k I think that's pretty realistic. (Though important non-monetary considerations are: communte time, stress, vacation, health plan, travel and whether the job requires weekend or evening hours. )

I really hate job hunting by the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home