Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Walk There!

As part of a local measure to promote walking and public transport, the Atlanta Midtown Alliance is issuing free pedometers and a competition between various companies to see who walks the most. There are also possible prizes for individual participants.

And I got two free MARTA tokens to intice me to use public transit. I don't normally but that's a trip to the airport and back next time I travel..

So anyway free pedometer and an incentive to walk. Actually I like to walk and do it whenever I can. Usually I walk to the grocery store and whatever place I'm going for lunch at work.

Whenever I drive I never spend any time hunting for a parking spot. I take the first open spot I see and walk, even if it's the farthest away. The parking lot is probably the silliest place to waste gasoline.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tiredbuthappy said...

Wow, sounds like a cool program. I had a pedometer, loved it, but dropped it too many times so it only lived for a couple of months. Now have a new one but haven't had time to calibrate it.

1:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home