Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Virtual Bank: A Slow Way to Make 42 Cents

I "recently" signed up for virtalbank's 4.6% money market account, to get their 20$ bonus for signing up. I'd found out about it through Neo's blog and the rate is far better than ING currently offers. Plus even if I decided not to go through the laborious process of withdrawing from ING and depositing to Virtualbank, I'd end up with 20$.

I filled out the online forms with my personal and bank account information and was told it would be a few days. By the way, "3-5 business days" is corporate euphemism for "a week". Monday, a week later I noticed two credits of 21 cents apiece-- the autorization deposits made by Virtualbank to validate my account. Of course I had no idea what to do with these until I recieved a letter three days later, welcoming and inviting me to go online to confirm the deposits.

I did that and was told my account would be set up in another three days. That was last week and I still can't log in, nor have I recieved any welcoming collateral. I don't even know if I want the account at this point. This kind of apathetic customer service does not inspire confidence.
Although I can't say it's a total loss. That's 42 more cents down the path of financial independence.

1 Comments:

Blogger freedumb said...

Money is money! You should check out HSBC's account verification...you can add multiple accounts, and they give you free money each time.

11:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home