Thursday, March 16, 2006

Whole Foods Bag Refund

Did you know that you can make a whole nickel every time you buy from Whole Foods, just by bringing in your own bag? I know, I know-- you're reading this and are thinking, "NO WAY! How can they stay in business if they're giving THAT MUCH money away?" Well before you dump all your stock in the company, take a moment to think about how wasteful it is to constantly give out plastic bags.

My roommamte has one of those ugly stretchy yarn bags that makes me feel like a ridiculous homeless person. You can buy them at the store but at 20$ a pop, you'd need to make 400 trips to whole foods before you'd see a profit so I recommend just re using your old plastic bags. I use hers because I didn't pay for it.

Anyway, I decided that since it's right next door and I need the exercise anyway that I would maximize the savings power of the cloth bag by buying things one at a time. So rather than buy two jugs of lemonade or some chips to eat tomorrow I can just walk over tomorrow and get another 5 cents off stuff I would buy anyway.

In 20,000,000 trips to whole foods that's almost a MILLION in savings! And that's not even counting the compounding that would occur during the 54,795 years it would take me to complete said daily trips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home