Thursday, March 02, 2006

Fuel Efficiency

Mapgirl had some good advice on fuel efficiency, which I also try to live by. To sum it up: if you maintain a reasonable speed on the highway, you'll get optimal mileage. When I haul ass at anything over 65 I can literally see my fuel indicator start to plummet.

Another trick I use to save on gas is to live 10 minutes from work and walk to the grocery store near my house. I end up filling my tank twice a month with a 2000 Dodge Neon. Of course my local grocer is a Whole Foods so it's probably not saving me THAT much money to walk.

In entirely unrelated news, I finally got my 401K information loaded into Quicken. I had to do it manually but after a few setbacks I think I have it working. Quicken pulls the quotes live for the mutual funds so that's pretty cool. I'm worth a little more than I thought. Maybe next I'll add in my stock otpions.

And I didn't win the Subnixus.com lottery... but it was fun to participate.

2 Comments:

Blogger mapgirl said...

Thanks for the linky! :-D

7:24 PM

 
Blogger Mike said...

:)

5:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home