Thursday, February 23, 2006

Credit Card Chaos

I am in the process of optimizing my credit cards into a harmonious configuration.

I trimmed a couple accounts down to one, which I use for online buying and recurring payments. It has a nice high limit that makes it ideal for rainy day stuff. Like if they fire me for blogging at work.

I also have a 0% APR card till January 2007 which will let me carry a balance if I need to. I don't really have any plans to do so but there are some computer upgrades and such I could split in half. This card is through Washington mutual and the other nifty feature (which sold me on getting it) is that I get free live FICO credit reporting.

But... since I always pay off my balances when there is an interest rate, I'd really be best suited to a rewards card where I get airline miles, cash back or some kind of bonus. Which is why I'm looking at this American Express Blue application...

That just seems like it's going to be too hard to keep track of. I could eliminate my first one, get the blue and keep the WaMu for the credit report (I really like that idea because scores are expensive).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home