Saturday, March 04, 2006

Assertiveness Camp

I need to go back to assertiveness camp, I'm afriad.

I just went out to dinner with a large group of people and got a relatively unelaborate plate of Hamachi roll sushi. When the bill came around I saw it was 9.95 (!!) even though I could have sworn it was only five... but I told myself that maybe I read it wrong.

With my two drinks, side salad and plate the bill came to 23 which I rounded up to 30 to cover tax and tip. I was pretty toasty by the time so I just paid it. But the menu for the place was still up when I came home. They over charged me and this other girl 5$ apiece.

I should have said something. I keep a personal finance blog for goodness sakes!!! And yet I allow myself to get stiffed because I think it would be too much trouble to mention something.

But looking back, I'd really rather have the 5$... and I'm sure my friend who got overcharged would have too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home